Downtown Oakland is Alive with Activities!
ASIC has paired with Visit Oakland to help you navigate your time in downtown Oakland during the conference. We are excited to share grand city adventures with a friendly downtown vibe.
"Oakland, in the hub of the Bay Area, is both historic and modern. Visitors will find a little bit of everything in this diverse metropolis, from the picturesque waterfront to expansive hills. Explore Oakland's growing arts, entertainment and food scene or enjoy recreational opportunities like hiking, sailing and biking. Root for one of the three professional sports teams or take a tour of a historic landmark. The city is easily accessible through Oakland International Airport, train, automobile, BART, bus and ferry." - Trip Advisor
Check out some of these fun activities to participate in while you are in the area...
- Take a private tasting tour of Oakland’s Blue Bottle Coffee factory. (Jack London)
- Sample food truck treats and see the latest exhibits at Oakland Museum of California’s Off the Grid each Friday. (Lake Merritt)
- Spend the night under the stars at Chabot Space and Science Center.
- Listen to live music at Yoshi’s Jazz Club Oakland. (Jack London)
- Cruise the Bay as you travel to and from Oakland and San Francisco via the ferry.
- Stuff your face with tacos from the walk-up food truck Taqueria Sinaloa in Fruitvale.
- Enjoy sips of the finest East Bay wines on Oakland’s Urban Wine Trail.
- Get lost in the extensive beer offering at Lost & Found on Telegraph. (Uptown)
- Enjoy cocktails al fresco along the dock at Lake Chalet on Lake Merritt.
- Or any of the other 92 activities on this list